So how many photos do you have on your cell phone? I have over 2100 images and that it’s a lot of images that might never come off my phone. However, one thing I’m really good about doing is making sure that these photos are printed so that my kids can see them and have them as they get older. In the years to come, how will our children see the photos from their childhood? By providing the password to the cloud or by having their photos printed so they can touch them flip through the albums?
I wanted to share some of my favorite companies that print cell phone photos so you can have them in your hand, printed on the wall or gifted for the holidays.
- Chatbooks allow you to print directly from your phone and you’ll get mini albums delivered to your home. We had a summer trip to Vietnam and I made mini albums for my daughters of their time with their cousins. It took me 10 minutes to make from my cell phone and I received it within a week. You can also set it up monthly so it will automatically make you a monthly photo book for about $5 a month!
- Artifact Uprising is a great printing company that’s based in Colorado and their quality is wonderful. Their prices are a bit higher but you can get your photos off your phone and into a quality album straight from your phone.
- Blurb is my go-to coffee table book for our yearly albums. My daughters grab a past album, cozy up on the couch and go through their baby albums. Seeing this reinforces how important it is for our cell phone photos to be printed.
- Amazon Photos. This is what I personally use to store/backup my photos cell phone photos and they now allow you to order prints straight from their app. Prints start at .12 and they even do large prints, canvas, wood prints and you don’t have to do anything but click from your phone.
It seems so easy to forget about the images on our phone so creating an album for each month helps to sort through the images. Pick your favorites from each month and use those images to create a monthly album, or even for the entire year. If you want to do editing on your images, there is Lightroom Mobile, the editing software from your phone or endless other photo apps that are easy to use.
As your children get older, having you print cell phone photos in albums for them to have is not only a wonderful gift but it preserves these moments for future generations.
• even when my littlest was a newborn, they were going through the yearly albums •
Photos by Kim E is a Bay Area – San Jose family photographer that specializes in fun and unique sessions. If you’re interested in a family, maternity and newborn session that’s creative and caters to the uniqueness of your family and are located in the Bay Area – San Jose area – take a LOOK AROUND and let’s CONNECT!